NEWS ALERT – August
24, 2007 – "Turn Me" Wines in Gift Bags
Surrounding the 2007
Emmys® (16 KB)
88 Pts. Chicago Value Wine Challenge - Beverage Testing
Hans Nittnaus (Austria) 2004 Turn Me Red, Burgenland.
Silver Medal – Top 50 Wines $15 and Under
We searched high and low to find a grape varietal that would deliver a fresh and unforgettable taste experience for our wine drinker.
We found a grape within the borders of Austria that met our high standards.
From the first sip, the little Zweigelt grape, so innocent and undiscovered, filled our palates with robust flavor and sensual spice. Our cheeks turned red and we were in love.
We chose the Zweigelt grape for several reasons:
Me Red Press Release (36 KB)
- Zweigelt is a very unique and appealing grape variety only
grown in Austria.
- There has been an interest in the variety by international wine gurus
- Zweigelt, the most grown red grape varietal in Austria, is
a crossing of Blaufrankish (Gamay) and St. Laurent (similar
to Pinot Noir) created in 1922 by Fritz Zweigelt and is regarded
as the red Austrian grape par excellent.
- Very approachable and charming to drink, our 2004 Turn
Me Red is a robust burst of seductive fruit.
- The smooth edge of the tannins create a lust of subtle cocoa, cherry fruit,
anise, and plums.
Sellsheet (12 KB)
Sellsheet (41 KB)
Me Red Shelf Talker (120 KB)
We knew this Zweigelt grape would deliver an unforgettable, exhilarating and
sensual taste experience to the adventurous red wine drinkers in the marketplace